This privacy notice (Privacy Notice) sets out the ways in which Chateau International (we, us, our) collect, use and share your personal data (your information) in connection with our publishing business. It also explains what rights you have to access or change your personal data.
We are the data controller which means we decide how your data is used and protected. We take your privacy and our responsibility to protect your information seriously.
WHO WE ARE
Chateau International is based in England. Email us on email@example.com. Our address is 96, Teesdale Street, E2 6QF
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The information you provide to us might include: your name, postal address, email address and phone number.
We do not request or hold any sensitive information, known as Special Category (“Sensitive”) information, that may include details about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical or similar beliefs, trade union membership, genetics, biometrics, health, sexual life, sexual orientation or about criminal offences or proceedings.
We collect your information when you:
- Interact or correspond with us in letters, by phone, SMS, email or via our website;
- attend events we hold or interact with us in person;
- subscribe to our mailing lists;
- order books or other products from our website;
Our website may include links to third party websites, plug-ins and applications. By clicking on those links or enabling these connections you may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these websites and are not responsible for their privacy notices. Please ensure that you read the privacy notices on any such external websites.
Information we receive from third parties:
In certain circumstances, we will receive information about you from third parties. For example,
- if you choose to register for a website user account you may choose to link this account to your social media account (such as Twitter or Facebook). By providing your social media account details you are authorising that third-party provider to share with us certain information about you;
- we use third party providers to verify information provided by you in connection with any order you have submitted;
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use your information lawfully. We do not sell your information to third parties.
When we have your consent to contact you, we may use your information to:
- to keep in contact with you and provide you with marketing communications about our news, events, authors or books
- tell you about new website features or services;
- send you newsletters;
In the following circumstances we will use your information to carry out our contract with you:
- to process your requests to purchase our products from our website;
- to provide customer service and support;
We may use your information for the purposes listed below on the basis of our legitimate interests:
- to contact you about products you bought from us;
- to respond to your queries and correspondence;
- to deal with enquiries or complaints about the website as necessary to provide customer support in providing the correct products and services to our website users;
- to operate a safe and lawful business;
HOW LONG WE KEEP IT FOR
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as we reasonably require to retain the information for our legitimate interests. We operate a data retention policy and look to find ways to reduce the amount of information we hold about you and the length of time that we need to keep it.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have the right to object to our using your information for direct marketing and on the basis of our legitimate interests.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for our use of your information in reliance of your consent.
You also have other choices and rights in respect of the information that we hold about you, including:
- the right to request access to the information that we hold about you to check that we are acting lawfully;
- the right to receive a copy of any information we hold about you in a structured, commonly-used, machine readable format or in another format of your choice;
- the right to request that we transfer your information to another service provider in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format;
- the right to ask us to correct information we hold about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to ask us, in certain circumstances, to delete information we hold about you;
- the right to ask us, in certain circumstances, to restrict processing of your information.
You may exercise your rights and choices by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Right to Complain
Please contact us if you have any questions or are unhappy about the way your information is used. We hope we will be able to resolve any problems or issues you may have.